Immerse yourself in the rich cultural tea history of India, in picturesque Darjeeling – a spectacular plantation established in 1860.
Darjeeling is a heavenly little plantation retreat, which lies on a hillock above the banks of River Rungeet, overlooking the mighty Kanchenjunga. The plantation was established in 1860 and remains today as a working tea estate.
There is plenty to do by way of private tours of the tea estate, hiking along the river Rungeet, and taking day trips to Darjeeling or Kalimpong.
- Immerse yourself in India’s historical tea culture by embarking on the Tea Experience at Darjeeling.
- Head out on a full-day adventure with a private guide to explore the many attractions of Darjeeling.
- Spend a day discovering the sights of nearby Kalimpong, a bustling bazaar town centred around a vibrant market place.
- Spend some time outdoors, either on a fun-filled fishing excursion or hiking amongst the flourishing countryside.
Min 25°C/77°F Max 45°C/113°F
Min 5°C/41°F Max 25°C/77°F
- Best time to travel Year round
- Languages India has over 22 languages spoken across its 28 States and 7 Union Territories. However English and Hindi are its official languages. English is spoken and understood across the country.
- Flying to Khajuraho The major gateways into India are New Delhi in the north, Mumbai (Bombay) in the west, Bangalore and Chennai in the south and Calcutta in the East.
- Currency Indian Rupee
The charming Glenburn Tea Estate allows guests to experience the romance of an authentic Indian tea plantation.
The most popular port of entry for visitors to India, Delhi offers a fascinating mixture of old and new.
The city of Agra is home to the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
India's largest port, its commercial and industrial centre, as well as its fashion capital, Mumbai is an endlessly fascinating hive of activity.
Ready to start planning your adventure?